shannon ellmers Attorney at Law | Principal
“Sound navigation means combining exceptional legal knowledge with client education.” — shannon ellmers
Shannon Ellmers is a skilled litigator and negotiator who maintains a practice in family law with an emphasis on marital dissolutions that involve complex financial and property issues. Shannon provides exceptional representation to family law clients in every setting, whether direct negotiation, formal dispute resolution, or trial. Shannon often represents business owners, entrepreneurs, physicians, trust beneficiaries, attorneys, and corporate officers. Shannon’s approach is one of well-reasoned scale, determined by the needs of the client and the applicable legal principles, and often involves working with outside experts to develop sound, defensible legal approaches. Shannon is a frequent speaker at CLE attorney seminars on family law topics. Shannon is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, an organization limited to members who have extensive legal knowledge and experience in the area of family law.
what i’ve learned
“Effective outcomes are a result of commitment to teamwork from both attorney and client. I work closely with my clients throughout the process, discussing strategies, possible outcomes and expectations. My commitment to this team effort results in superior client satisfaction and exceptional legal results.”
— Shannon Ellmers
- University of Washington, B.A., English Literature, 2002
- Seattle University, Juris Doctor, 2006
associations, awards, and memberships
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Super Lawyer-Washington Law & Politics Magazine
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
lecturing and speaking engagements
- “Impact of the New Tax Code on Divorce-Panel Discussion;” Complex and High Asset Divorce Legal Seminar-The Seminar Group, April 2019
- “What Every Family Law Practitioner Should Know About Real Estate” -Seminar Co-Chair; AAML Washington Chapter, March 2019
- “Discovery Requests to Litigation Experts, Discovery Protective Orders, Out of State Discovery;” King County Family Law Hot Topics Legal Seminar, October 2018
- “What to Do When a Spouse is Hiding Assets;” National Business Institute Legal Seminar, December 2016
- “What to Do to Get Email, Smartphone, and Social Media Evidence Admitted;” National Business Institute Legal Seminar, December 2016
- “Working with Documentary Evidence;” McKinley Irvin Lunchtime Legal Seminar Series, March 2015
- “Evidence Rules that Apply Particularly to Family Law Cases;” King County Family Law Hot Topics Legal Seminar, October 2012
Read what Shannon’s clients are saying on Avvo:
Posted by Thomas
June 8, 2016
Smart, hard working, excellent service!
I hired Shannon after interviewing 4 attorneys to represent me in my divorce. What impressed me the most about her was her knowledge of complex estates and how best to handle them during a court case or mediation.
During the case, Shannon did an excellent job of keeping me focused on tasks that needed to be done. Read more…”
Posted by Jennifer
June 7, 2016
Child Custody and Support, Modification
It’s hard to choose the right family law lawyer for your case. Shannon comes highly recommended, and has worked with some of the most challenging and complex cases in Washington. She engaged quickly and knew the right direction and strategy to take in our case. She has great integrity and communicates very well. She set reasonable expectations, without just telling us what we wanted to hear.
Read additional reviews on Avvo.
shannon specializes in the following legal services:
Divorce & Legal Separation
Pre & Post Nuptial Agreements
Call today to schedule your initial consultation – (206) 682-6826